Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hottest Spring Bite in Years!!!!!!

What a month it has been. Business is better than last year but still a bit slow. The fishing on the other hand has been the best I have ever seen in the Spring! I don't know if I'm getting lucky or the fish are getting stupid and I really don't care either way. It has been awesome and does not show any signs of slowing down. On the 4th I took an old client who has had the luck on his side eveytime. Last year he caught 14 big red fish with me and this year we fished the sounds and hooked into a dozen and caught most of them in the 25-30 inch range. They were chomping at the bit for pre-shed crabs (peelers). The next day we fished the same sounds on the SW wind and again, could not stay out of the big reds. Jesse Rhodes and his parents caught 8 big ones in the first hour and all on 6 lb tackle!